The Concepción elevator is the oldest elevator in Valparaíso
. Inaugurated on December 1, 1883, it connects Pasaje Elías, in front of the Turri Clock in the city plan, with Paseo Gervasoni
in Concepción Hill
. Originally this funicular was composed of two wooden cabins that worked with a water counterweight, thanks to the steam generated by a boiler, and that over the years was changed to electric propulsion. In turn, the wooden cabins were replaced by metal ones.