The San Agustín elevator was inaugurated in 1913 as a complement to the service provided by the Cordillera elevator in the very populated Cerro Cordillera. The particularity of this funicular is that it has a scarce urban presence, its facilities are not very visible, the station is one more house of the sector, where a corridor ends in the cars of the ascent. The panoramic view of its route does not give to the sea passing between the houses of the hill. Since 1998, it has been part of the 16 elevators declared as Historical Monuments.