+56 223347802

Polanco Elevator

Description

The Polanco elevator was inaugurated in 1916 and is the only elevator in Valparaíso that moves vertically, while the rest are of the funicular type. Its lower entrance is the mouth of a 150-meter tunnel. Its only car (originally there were two) ascends vertically 60 meters towards the interior of the hill, and then it crosses a tower that offers a panoramic view of the city. The tower is connected to the hill by a 48-meter long bridge.